Volunteering at the US Orienteering Champs
Volunteer at the US Championships in August!
Cascade OC (led by Sue Kuestner) is organizing volunteers for the start areas at the US Orienteering Championships (USOC) events, to be held near Lake Tahoe, California and you can be a part of it!
The US Championships are part of the multi-day Tahoe 2021 and will be a great opportunity to experience some wonderful terrain and meet orienteers from around the world. There will be categories for every skill level, so don’t miss out on a chance to participate! Events include:
- US Orienteering Championships (sprint, middle, and long) – August 6-8
- US Club Championships Relay – August 9
- North American Rogaining Championships – August 14-15 (includes a 4-hour non-championship option)
If you plan to go to the US Orienteering Champs, please consider volunteering for a shift at the start. We’d really like it if you can sign up for all 3 days but other options are also available. Everyone who volunteers will also be able to run a course. We’ve set up “events” where you can “register” for a volunteer position.
The following days and shifts are available. Cascade OC members will receive the normal volunteer points (1 pt per half hour). There may be minor changes in shift times.
Friday, August 6 – Sprint
- Shift 1 – morning, time TBD
- Shift 2 – morning, time TBD
- Shift 3 – morning, time TBD
Saturday, August 7 – Middle
- Shift 1 – 9:30-11:00a
- Shift 2 -11:00a-noon
- Shift 3 – noon-1:00p
Sunday, August 8 – Long
- Shift 1 – 8:30-10:00a
- Shift 2 -10:00-11:30a
- Shift 3 – 11:30a-1:00p
Monday, August 9 – Relay
- Map handout – 9:15-10:15a
- Map exchange – 10:00-11:30a
- Map exchange – 11:03a-1:00p
To volunteer, contact Sue Kuestner (susankuestner @ gmail.com)