November 21, 2022 by Michelle Kastner
- Ordering closes at 11:59pm on Sunday, December 4. You can pick them up as soon as Winter League #5 in early January, so if you’re going to Junior Nationals in Georgia, you will have your stuff by then! Ordering is currently live at https://register.cascadeoc.org/ (the ordering pages are set up as “events”).
- There are two designs to choose from:
- The standard red design, which you can get in: basic short sleeve, basic long sleeve, zip-top, singlet, and jacket
- The 2022 Special Edition “retro blue” design, that only comes in basic short sleeve. The special edition is only available to current club members, and, since it’s a special edition, it will only be offered here in 2022. We’ll have another special edition design for 2023.
- The club’s Fit Kit will be at Winter League #3, which you can find at the Info Tent. The Fit Kit is a bit limited, but it has:
- Basic Jersey (short sleeve): Men’s M, L, XL and Women’s M, L, XL
- Zip-top Jersey: Men’s M, L, XL, XXL and Women’s M, L, XL, XXL
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
November 18, 2022 by Michelle Kastner
After a successful first season during last year’s Winter League, we’re bringing back About The Route, our free online course review over Zoom.
Join hosts Will Enger & Patrick Nuss at 8pm on the Sundays following Winter League orienteering events. Together, we’ll talk about the race courses and interesting route choices. What worked well? What didn’t? How can we learn and improve for next time? Bring your questions, tell us about your races, and hopefully you’ll learn a few tricks to become better orienteers! Register here.
November 11, 2022 by Michelle Kastner
Get in some pre-Thanksgiving fun and register to get out on a course at Magnuson Park on Saturday, Nov. 19th. Public runners should register on the COC site and then sign up for the start time of their choice on SignUp Genius.
October 30, 2022 by Michelle Kastner
Winter League returns to Lincoln Park after a four-year hiatus this Saturday, November 5th. Join us for the first race in Winter League’s nine-race season. Short Advanced runners you are now eligible to compete for season rock block awards! Public runners sign up via COC’s Public Registration and then pick your own public runner start time here. We still need a few more volunteers in some critical roles, so please give back to the club by volunteering, sign up to volunteer here.
October 28, 2022 by Michelle Kastner
Choose Your Adventure #3 Skelton Bones and #4 Vampire-O along with the COC All General Meeting, are set to take place this Saturday in Maple Valley. The COC AGM is open to all. Pizza and salad will be served! The races were pre-register only, so hopefully you got signed up for the fun!
October 25, 2022 by Michelle Kastner
COC Series Director, Michelle Kastner, and COC Training Coordinator, John Brady, will be holding a pre-season coaches and parents meeting this Thursday 10/27 at 7 pm. Followed immediately by a student athlete meeting at 8 pm. Both on Zoom! Be sure to join us!
October 20, 2022 by Michelle Kastner
COC is excited to embark on another Winter League season! Public registration and volunteering are open!!
- Sign up for a shift of volunteering to earn points you can use to race for free at a future meet or buy COC clothing! WL is our biggest series and we think we may see around 350 starts per meet this year. Volunteers are crucial to running successful events. Any help you can give is appreciated!
- Sign up to race!
- New this year Short Advanced is competitive. Compete with your friends for that end-of-season rock block!
- Also new- sign up for your own start time via our Public Start Time Signup Genius.
- New start procedures- see them here.
- No Covid forms this year- Yay!
- No start corral and quiet last two start tents.
Can’t wait to see you all out in the woods! Winter League #1 kicks off on Nov. 5th with a return to Lincoln Park in West Seattle.
October 17, 2022 by Michelle Kastner
COC is holding one last weekend training before the Winter League season starts! Join us in Maple Valley this Sunday, October 23rd for the morning or afternoon session. Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced levels are all available for students and adults/WIOL and Public runners. Register by emailing email@example.com with your name, school (if applicable), training level desired, and if you prefer morning or afternoon. More information can be found here. Registration closes Wednesday evening!
October 14, 2022 by Michelle Kastner
Two different vendors, so two different ordering sites! Get your club gear now!
COC is offering club jerseys, singlets, and jackets:
- Order by December 4th for delivery at WL#5.
- Information and ordering here.
Also for sale are a newly designed sweatshirt and t-shirts:
- Order by October 25th at 6pm for delivery near the first meet.
- Information and ordering here.
If you want to use your volunteer points to purchase clothing please email firstname.lastname@example.org! (In general 1 volunteer point = $2)
October 9, 2022 by Michelle Kastner
Students and coaches and parents of students: be sure to get student registrations and waivers in for the upcoming WIOL season by October 16th at 7 pm to take advantage of our early bird special. Save $10 and get a pre-printed custom bib with your student’s name and school on it! Early registering helps out the WIOL volunteer staff too. Register for WIOL.