WIOL#4 – 2022 – Hamlin Park – Training Opportunities
December 5, 2022 by John Brady
Preview previous Hamlin Park Races on COC’s RouteGadget
Most Recent Race and Map Night-O
Play the video game Running Wild
Each of these links will take you to a computer simulation video game. The simple object is to click on the screen the route you would take to get to each checkpoint. However, if used as a visualization and route tool, you will see it can be much more useful. I challenge you to consider this as you do each of these levels. Do not click just to get it over with quickly, but rather ensure that each thing you click on is a fundamental stepping stone you want to see on or near your path. Don’t be so focused on shortest path either. Get the most out of your training. Do it twice: once with urgency and once with specificity. Then compare! Password for each course is COC
Pre-Race: Day of Meet
- Come by Coaches Corner to play around with some warmup drills or skills. Maps will be provided for you.
- Only two drills will be available
- Flow Course
- Scale course.
Post Race (1PM ReRuns): 1PM Meet at Coaches Corner. Done By 2PM
- RSVP Required for map printing purposes. Email cascadeOtraining@gmail.com with Names and event (example: RSVP for Mike Smith for WIOL4 ReRun training).
- For this training event we will have the opportunity to practice either:
- Re-Running some checkpoints from your course using your map
- Borrow a map from someone else and do a few checkpoints from their map.
- Performing a skill isolation exercise. For WIOL#4, we will be doing a route with contours only on the map using the north side of the park.
About the Route! This is a social conversation meant for all ages.
Dial in, chat, and discuss the course and different routes with 2 experts from COC as you all enjoy talking about the “what-if’s” of orienteering. “What if I just didn’t do something crazy here?” Event info here.